Love the Skin You are in

My previous post about my personal experience with acne is surprisingly being the second most viewed post out of all my blog posts. So, I'm going to share the post about this topic again and this time, with my current thoughts, a positive message, and inspiring people to me for you to know.

Most of the times, I find it kinda hard for myself to enjoy my life as a person who doesn't seems to fit in society's definition of beauty, which created unrealistic beauty standard. I have struggling with skin issues (acne, hormonal breakouts,blemishes, etc) for years, and it does affect me, both physical and psychological. I often ended up hating myself everytime I look at the mirror, and have zero confident to meet people. I can barely look at people's eyes while talking to them, or feeling anxious when I caught people staring at me (or my face). But despite all of them, what hurts me the most is when people throwing comments--any comments--about my skin.

"What's with your face?"
"Your face is so much redder than yesterday"
"Why is your face so red today?"
"Has your acne gotten worse?"

Those are reasons why I have self-confidence issue, and low self-esteem. I know I am not the only one who is experiencing this. There are probably million of people out there who is also battling with themselves, trying to gain back their confident to face the world.

But now, I have decided to love myself for being me, for being so strong, for being able to go through all of this and promise to never let my confident sink again. Why? because you only live once AND you can't please people. There's always people who will constantly remind you about how ugly you look, or how flawed you are. and the good news is, you can refuse to listen to them.

This doesn't only apply to skin issue, but also to body issue--or any kind of "issue" that affects your confident. Body (and skin!) Positivity is something I recently pay attention to and it feels so amazing to be inspired by people who can help me learn to love myself more, no matter how I look or what my body shape is.

Start from Em Ford, beauty blogger from UK who created this inspiring campaign called "You Look Disgusting" about how internet people can be so mean by throwing nasty comments about your looks. I admire her confidence, because I know she'd been struggling with self-confidence and I know it is hard to gain your confident back in the middle of everyone's dictation about how you should look based on their perception of beauty. Please watch the video of her campaign below and make sure to remember the powerful message she wants us to know: you ARE beautiful-no matter what.


You are beautiful - no matter how flawed you feel, no matter how upset you may about the way you look or how hard you find it to make friends, or be confident. Believe in yourself, and never let anyone tell you're not beautiful - not even yourself. -Em Ford

Next is Ashley Graham, model and body activist who slams the idea of what "beauty" should be look like. She reminds us that a little cellulite never hurt nobody. I think because it is normal to have cellulite. Let me repeat, because cellulite and curves are N-O-R-M-A-L. Yes Ashley, please keep women encouraged to love their body more and more!


A little cellulite never hurt nobody. Stop judging yourself, embrace the things that society has called 'ugly'. -Ashley Graham

Please spread the positivity!

4 comments