That Awkward Moment...

Living with acne (and its red marks, which is worse for me) for years has taught me so many things, and I sometimes got too emotional about this. I was having my worst mood swings for the first time in 20 years I've lived, crying day and night by thinking about how imperfect I am. My emotion was riding a roller coaster, bringing me to sea of tears everyday, for 1 week. and that's not a good thing.

In my opinion, not everyone can understand about what we--people with insecurities about their physical appearance, not only acne, but maybe something else--think about ourselves. I found a forum about emotional and phychological affects of acne and read almost all the threads posted there then finding myself in the middle of sea of tears (again.) I can totally relate to what they feel, because I've experienced it myself and I feel like sending them virtual hugs while saying "I feel you!" *hugs*

Bad news about having insecurities about yourself, in my case it's my acne, is your feeling and emotion can easily destroyed (?) any time, anywhere, by anyone. Like I said, not all people (especially those with flawless looks, who seem to have nothing to be insecure about) can understand about other's feeling about their biggest imperfections. I've been trapped in lots of awkward moments, thanks to my friend, even my relatives, for embarrassing me in public.



The most common situation I bet everyone has experienced it themselves is when someone pointing out your weakness in front of lots of people, where some of them are strangers. Once my friend said "Your face has got so much redder than before. What happened?!" to me as soon as she saw me, and as a result, everyone in that area turning their heads to me to see how red my face was.  I swear you will never want to be in my position at that time. Guess what the moral of this story? Never say something about anyone's who can hurt themselves, especially in front of other people, because it's embarrassing. I've heard the worse version of this, when my friend made fun of my other friend's weight in front of her, which is not funny and hurtful, even I felt offended myself. Luckily, she managed to stay calm and respond jokingly.

I'm super sensitive in this case. I don't find it funny when people laugh or throw not-so-funny comment about people's flaws. Even listening to my friend's comment about my face can hurt me (even though what are they saying are true). I'm not denying realities, but I just can't stand being ashamed, and those kinds of comments make me feel worse about myself. But I have became much stronger in facing those kind of situation now.

Here's a fight song for my fellow acne sufferers who currently in a battle with tiny little red things that can be so annoying. Please don't lose hope, because my heart breaks every time I read all your posts here. Remember God has something for you behind all of this unpleasant experience 





0 comments